For corporate events, fund-raisers and special events, either midweek or a Saturday night is the most successful for achieving maximum attendance. Scheduling an event on a Friday night could limit attendance for those for whom it is a religious day and for those who want to get away for the weekend. Many things come into play in selecting the perfect date for your event. These should be put into consideration.
Consideration should be given to:
- Whether it should be a daytime or evening event.
- What time it would start and end?
- Whether it would be formal or informal dress.
- If guests would have time to change clothes if coming to/from work.
- If volunteers would have sufficient time to leave work and have everything ready well before your guests arrive.
- For most of these events, your guests may be invited to bring their partners. If the event is planned to take place during the day midweek, it could be difficult for one of the partners to attend, and an evening even may be a better choice. Or you could look at moving it to the weekend when both may have more flexibility.
- Where will your guests be coming from? Take this into consideration as you plan your start time.
- Will they be coming directly from work? When does their workday typically end?
- If they are bringing a guest, will this work for them as well?
- Could they be caught in traffic?
- Are you bringing them from Mainland or Island?
- How late will your event go? Is the next day a business day, when both partners may need to get up early?
- Partners may arrive independently, in separate cars. Is there enough parking?
- If the event is black tie, will your guests have time to go home to change, or will they need to bring a change of clothes to work?
- Will they be in a position to leave work early?
- Will timing affect the availability or pricing of any of your event element?
Venues.NG is the most convenient on-line venue-finding directory, connecting people with the best event venues around them for exclusive hire. We specialize in listing event spaces within Nigeria.
The listings cover the full spectrum of Nigeria event spaces that are available for exclusive hire – for 25 to 5000 guests or delegates – including conference and meetings venues, party venues, product launch venues, halls for hire and wedding ceremony venues. To inquire about one of these venues, or for the rest of what’s out there, get in touch at Contact Us Email: firstname.lastname@example.org T: 0803 671 3949